So weird.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duerana

Characters:
Duerana (Keys)
Linarra (Keys)
Zilbbadon (Keys)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: So weird.....     Reply with quote

I logged in the other day, taking advantage of the free time offer, and did a "/who all Spirit" and came up with absolutely nothing...
That was just the weirdest feeling.

Duerana Stormfyre *retired*
Storm Warden of Tunare
Founder & Ex-guildleader
1999 - 2004
Israfil

Characters:
Nightmare (Keys)
Qudrat (Keys)
Rahmat (Keys)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:      Reply with quote

Do a /who all Spirits. Not a /who all Spirit. And yes it is sad.

Nightmare
Scourge Knight of Innoruuk
Spirits of Fire
Lilzak
a_beerdrinker_02

Characters:
Zakaril (Keys)
Althalus (Keys)
Lilzak (Keys)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:      Reply with quote

I still have a couple of alts in SoF too. SoF will never die in my heart.

Zak
Jherikho

Characters:
Jherikho (Keys)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:      Reply with quote

I'm still here. Sloggin' along, pretty much all by my lonesome. Thank all the gods for Fellowship of the Faithful.

Jherikho Silverwolf
Level 70 Ranger/follower of Tunare
Journeyman Fletcher, Potter, Brewer and Baker
Apprentice Fisher, Jeweler, Smith and Tailor

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=234037
Redback

Characters:
Redback (Keys)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:      Reply with quote

/sigh

I have not logged in to play for a couple of months. Hardly a day goes by when I dont think of the groups, good times, strange times, and ways this game and guild have taken me in over the years. I will spontaneously see in the corner of my mind's eye a glimpse of Kunark, or a FD pull in PoP, or a familiar lake, or a strange temple of some sort. Learning these places with you all has been a singularly enjoyable experience.

I will make an effort to go gallavanting around once more before it is all said and done.

Peace, love and apple sauce
Wink
Redback

Redback Crusader of Cabilis
Spirit of Fire
70th Level Shadowknight
" We must hang together, or we will surely be hung separately. " - Ben Franklin
Kristophe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:      Reply with quote

<waves all>

I tried to get into my account a while back but the password is changed. I gave it to Talasin (original SoF GL pre-Kunark) but lost touch with him. Seems odd but I just wanted to take a wander through Kelethin again, maybe go kill Crush and train D'vinn to zone.

I've played alot of games since I left EQ, including WoW which is a really great game. However, it's never had the same camaraderie that we had here. Not sure any game ever will.

There was a flash video on the internet once about a guild that broke up - it was awesome. Reminds me alot of how things went here. The link is:

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/sheela/mufin/mufin.swf

Glad to see some people still visit here. Take care guys, you were all the best.

-Kristophe (52 ranger)
-Kayel (61 monk)
-Septikk (65 warrior)
-180ish days of my life I'll never get back (grin)
Charrmed

Characters:
Rinili (Keys)
Charrmed (Keys)
Claarie (Keys)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:      Reply with quote

/hugs to Septikk and Duerana. SoF has become a mostly "alt" guild. I put my hubby's ranger Gaflic as GL. He retired long ago from EQ and moved on to WoW (when he has time). He's actually thinking of unsubscribing to that even as time goes on he doesn't have the drive to log in and play an online game when he gets home from 12 hours of working 7 days a week. I don't blame him he's so tired. I miss the old SoF days myself even though most of you moved onto RL things shortly after I joined SoF. I still think of all of you. Redback, we miss you as well. It seems Xyntress is off doing RL things and isn't sure if he will return to EQ either. I hope everyone is well and happy. I myself barely have time to play as RL is taking over slowing down my play time. My daughter is nearly 4 years old and more active then ever! Oh and Gaflic's health is great other then being tired from all the O/T lol. Take care everyone /hugs to all.

Charrmed One

Charrmed One
70th Druidess
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Duerana

Characters:
Duerana (Keys)
Linarra (Keys)
Zilbbadon (Keys)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:      Reply with quote

Kristophe wrote:
There was a flash video on the internet once about a guild that broke up - it was awesome. Reminds me alot of how things went here. The link is:

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/sheela/mufin/mufin.swf

gah That flash is sooo true. It makes me just about cry whenever I watch it. lol (I blame it on the pregnancy). :p

Glad to see several folks still troll the boards though! You know, some day we will have to have a SoF-we-just-can't-let-it-go-already party somewhere. *grin* The last SoF gathering was such fun...

Troy (Sig) and I are talking about logging in and running our toons up to Halas to let Siggy retire in his home village.

We have found a bunch of EQ pen & paper role-play stuff as well and are plannig to check that out to see if it does the game justice. yep, we're still EQ geeks. lol

*hugs all round*

Storm Warden of Tunare
Founder & Ex-guildleader
1999 - 2004
Kristophe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Vanguard SoH     Reply with quote

The original developers of EQ are working on a new game: Vanguard, Saga of Heroes. I'd be tempted to try and get folks to co-ordinate together to a new game sometime and see if we can have an SoF reunion.

We didn't seem to get it all organized for WoW unfortunately. We had so many folks go to different games, different servers of the same game etc. Wonder if it would be possible to co-ordinate it back together sometime in the future.

I just think back to the glory days:

Duerana tells you: 5pp if you train Sig and Kill him.
Kayel feigns death.
Sigurjon has been slain!
/tell Duerana: Pay up. <wink>

EDIT: BTW, another good video: http://home.att.ne.jp/surf/mirage/memory_album.html
Rofus

Characters:
Rofus (Keys)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:      Reply with quote

Vanguard looks really interesting...think EQ up to second expansion in general game idea but 7 years later in gaming technology /drool. Most important names of old Verant working on this.

I will for sure give it a try!

Quote:
If you are young and you drink a great deal it will spoil your health, slow your mind, make you fat - in other words, turn you into an adult. -P.J. O'Rourke
Kristophe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: <waves>     Reply with quote

Heyas Rofus. Smile

Duer - what's the deal with this free time thing and EQ? Since i'm out of touch with Talasin I may just try and reset my EQ password via their tech support site and try to get my account back. I remember my name/PW but I'm thinking Tal reset it as I can't seem to login. Also can't do the automated reset as my email has changed so not sure if this is doable or not.

If I get it up and running and it's free playtime for a bit we should do a reunion tour. Assuming my toons aren't stripped we should be able to rip up a zone or two.
Duerana

Characters:
Duerana (Keys)
Linarra (Keys)
Zilbbadon (Keys)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: <waves>     Reply with quote

Kristophe wrote:
Heyas Rofus. Smile

Duer - what's the deal with this free time thing and EQ?Assuming my toons aren't stripped we should be able to rip up a zone or two.

Sounds fun. Wink They have a free period (not sure for how long exactly) going on atm.

Troy is having the same troubles, having forgotten his pw over the past, what 3 years? lol Apparently you can call Sony help<cough>line and tell them that you have forgotten your pw and, seeing as it has been however-many-years, have a different email. As long as you still have your original cds, that is.

Let me know if you get hooked up. It would be fun to kill critters again. Or even just to die once or twice trying... lol

Storm Warden of Tunare
Founder & Ex-guildleader
1999 - 2004
Kristophe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Account     Reply with quote

I dealt with Sony today on trying to recover my account. I had loaned/given it to Talasin 2 years ago but his email became non-responsive so I couldn't get it back. I'm not sure if my characters are even intact/geared (I suspect he used the gear for his own toons) but we'll find out tonight.

Coming back at lvl 65 but naked would be awkward, not sure how to address that situation yet. Some of my stuff was nodrop but alot was tradeable so I may have some higher level but totally useless toons.
Duerana

Characters:
Duerana (Keys)
Linarra (Keys)
Zilbbadon (Keys)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Account     Reply with quote

Kristophe wrote:
I dealt with Sony today on trying to recover my account. I had loaned/given it to Talasin 2 years ago but his email became non-responsive so I couldn't get it back. I'm not sure if my characters are even intact/geared (I suspect he used the gear for his own toons) but we'll find out tonight.

Coming back at lvl 65 but naked would be awkward, not sure how to address that situation yet. Some of my stuff was nodrop but alot was tradeable so I may have some higher level but totally useless toons.

That would certainly suck. Sad I wish good luck for you.

I lost my vendor toon when they did the server merge. She was only level 3, so I was expecting it. It still reaaallly sucks though. Sad If we manage to hook up online I can see what I may have lying around. Though I believe I lost my monk gear with my vendor, and it definitely was not up to par with the gear you had acquired.

The free trial period is over for now apparently. I tried to log in the other day and it wanted me to input my billing info. I am sure they will have another one before too long, as they are always trying to rope us old-time addicts back in. Wink

Storm Warden of Tunare
Founder & Ex-guildleader
1999 - 2004
Kristophe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Account     Reply with quote

Re-activated my account last night - looks like the only thing gone is my Cloak of Flames. I can work without haste in the short term so we'll see if the bazaar has anything worthwhile and in my price range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AC / SoF Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: